For anyone who may just be stumbling onto the site today, right now we are just about a week into the STAT BOX STORIES project known as BOWL BLITZ INVITATIONAL. The goal of this project is to have gamers play all 35 FBS Bowl Games for the 2011-2012 season in NCAA Football 12, recording statistics, photos, and videos from their time with the game to accompany a write-up of the game experience here at the site.
Through today, six Bowl Games have been played. Here are the links, just in case you haven’t seen them yet:
- 2011 New Mexico Bowl: Temple Owls at Wyoming Cowboys
- 2011 Famous Idaho Potato Bowl: Ohio Bobcats at Utah State Aggies
- 2011 New Orleans Bowl: San Diego State Aztecs at Louisiana-Lafayette Ragin’ Cajuns
- 2011 Beef ‘O’ Brady’s Bowl: Florida International Golden Panthers at Marshall Thundering Herd
- 2011 Poinsettia Bowl: TCU Horned Frogs at Lousiana Tech Bulldogs
- 2011 MAACO Bowl Las Vegas: Arizona State Sun Devils at Boise State Broncos
Tomorrow will see the posting of the 2011 Sheraton Hawai’i Bowl between the Nevada Wolf Pack and Southern Miss Golden Eagles, and many Bowl Games going forward have been claimed and prepared for posting already. However, there still remain nine games to be claimed, and that’s where you come in!
Do you want to be a part of the BOWL BLITZ INVITATIONAL and help us play out all 35 Bowl Games in NCAA Football 12? Hit up the forum sign-up at The Gaming Tailgate now to stake your claim for one of the following unclaimed match-ups:
- 2011 Holiday Bowl: Cal Golden Bears at Texas Longhorns
- 2011 Music City Bowl: Mississippi State Bulldogs at Wake Forest Demon Deacons
- 2011 Meineke Car Care Bowl of Texas: Texas A&M Aggies at Northwestern Wildcats
- 2011 Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl: Illinois Fighting Illini at UCLA Bruins
- 2011 Liberty Bowl: Cincinnati Bearcats at Vanderbilt Commodores
- 2011 Chick-fil-a Bowl: Virginia Cavaliers at Auburn Tigers
- 2012 Gator Bowl: Ohio State Buckeyes at Florida Gators
- 2012 Cotton Bowl: Kansas State Wildcats at Arkansas Razorbacks
- 2012 BBVA Compass Bowl: SMU Mustangs at Pittsburgh Panthers
If we can cover all 35 Bowl Games from this college football postseason–with each game completed and submitted at least a day before the game is played in real life so that it can be posted the day of the Bowl Game–then the person whose playthrough of the game in NCAA Football 12 most closely matches the final score of the real-life game will be the inaugural winner of the BOWL BLITZ INVITATIONAL and take home a to-be-determined prize for their efforts. Before that can happen, however, all 9 of the above games must be claimed!
Tell your friends and family today, and help the STAT BOX STORIES BOWL BLITZ INVITATIONAL achieve its goal of 35 featured Bowl Games!